Your kids can help you save energy, too!
One of the best gifts we can give our future generations
is to educate kids today about simple and easy ways that they can save energy and live a greener lifestyle.
Start small, with one family energy saving effort each week. When you make it a cooperative family effort, kids feel a sense of accomplishment and belonging each time they take action to save energy.
Print and post this short list of simple lifestyle changes for them to try at home:
- Turn off lights and electronics when you leave a room
- Unplug chargers when portable electronics are fully charged
- Keep doors to unused rooms closed
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth
- Take five- to ten-minute showers instead of baths
- Don’t hold the refrigerator door open
- Close drapes, use fans, and turn thermostat up to 78-80 degrees
- Consolidate errands and cut out some car usage. Walk, ride bikes, carpool, or get a scooter.