Ductless mini split systems or window AC units – Which is better for you?
If you live in a home or a rental property that can’t handle ductwork for a central AC system, then you need to choose between window AC units or ductless mini-split systems. But which one is best for you and your home cooling needs? Use our chart
to help you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each of these home cooling systems before making any decision:
Ductless AC systems
- More expensive than window units but long-term energy savings offset initial costs.
- Cool down rooms of any size quickly.
- Must be installed by qualified AC technicians.
- Can cool multiple rooms with options to cool even more.
- More pleasing to the eye inside and outside the home.
- Easy to use remote control functionality.
- Much quieter than window AC units.
- Because they’re not installed in a window, home security isn’t a concern.
Window AC units
- Less expensive than ductless AC systems.
- Lower natural light in your home as they occupy a window.
- Reduce curb appeal from the outside and are unsightly inside a home.
- Have to be installed and removed at the beginning and end of every summer season.
- Easy to install.
- Much noisier than other AC solutions.
- Placed in an open window means more concern about home security and break ins.
Now that you’re aware of the differences between ductless and window AC systems, you’re better prepared to choose which is best for your home. If you choose a ductless AC system, our team have special offers for the latest, energy-efficient
ductless AC systems from leading brands great financing options and can handle all of your installation and emergency repair needs fast, with 24/7 service in any weather.